Can't change aircraft

Although not completely supported by VIFC, should you still be flying FS9 you can ask questions or post topics here.
Floyd VIFC385

Can't change aircraft

Post by Floyd VIFC385 » Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:40 am

Has anyone using FS9, had any trouble after updating your Graphic Card drivers. I'm using a NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT card, everything went to pot after updating the driver (won't ever do it again :oops: ). Nothing happened with FSX, but when FS9 loads up, (loads in last aircraft and airport that I was flying at and saved, when I shut-down Flight Sim.) I can't change aircraft or anything else about the flight. Everything seems to work if I fly with that aircraft and from the airport last flown from. I deleted the fs9.cfg file, and reopened FS9, but everything stayed the same. I then tried to go back to previous driver, and that didn't work either. It caused other problems with my dual monitor set-up, but the whole story is too long to type. Anyone with any more ideas would be appreciated.

It isn't that I don't like FSX Accelerated, it's because I have different purchased aircraft in FS9, that I like to fly on occasion when flying the tours. :?:

Would appreciate any help offered.
"Once you have flown, you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been, and there you long to return"

Martin VIFC004
Site Admin

Re: Can't change aircraft

Post by Martin VIFC004 » Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:34 pm

Is it loading a saved flight. Try deleting the saved flight or at least move it (them) to a different location.
Buttons … check. Dials … check. Switches … check. Little colored lights … check.

Floyd VIFC385

Post by Floyd VIFC385 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:02 am

Can't thank you enough Martin. Since I wasn't having problems before, with loading in a saved flight, I didn't think about moving or deleting all (had too many anyway) the saved flights, except for the default flight, and loading that way.

Took your advise, and everything seems to be working now. We may be 'Ole Men', but if I could get to you, I'd give you a "Big Hug"

Thank you my friend for the help.

Now if FsCloud would make their software both 32 and 64 bit workable, I'd be in "Great Shape".

Your Friend,
Floyd aka Hoot, and or, Maverick
"Once you have flown, you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been, and there you long to return"

Martin VIFC004
Site Admin

Post by Martin VIFC004 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:36 pm

FSCloud is both 32 and 64 bit capable. I use it for FSX which is 32 bit and for X-Plane 10 which I run in 64bit. It's just that it uses Simconnect for FSX and XPUIPC for X-plane along with an X-Plane plugin (kinda like a driver). Simconnect to my knowledge does not work with FS9. And there's the hickup.
Buttons … check. Dials … check. Switches … check. Little colored lights … check.

Floyd VIFC385

Post by Floyd VIFC385 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:52 pm

So!! Before we part, you're saying that FsCloud works with Win XP now? That is what I've been waiting for if it's so? I'll wait for you answer before downloading and installing.

Martin VIFC004
Site Admin

Post by Martin VIFC004 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:22 pm

No sorry not windows xp. But i think it works with win7 32 bit. Have to check on that.