FSX-SE Re-Install Not Recognising CH Eclipse Yoke nor Saitek Pedals

Steam is the latest and some say Greatest of the FSX genre. Here is the place to post information on installing and using FSX - Steam.

Moderator: Vernon VIFC006

Jaco VIFC001

Re: FSX-SE Re-Install Not Recognising CH Eclipse Yoke nor Saitek Pedals

Post by Jaco VIFC001 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:11 pm

Hey Wayne. If you do not find the folder CONTROLS and Standards.XML file then look into app data\roaming\microsoft\fsx it may be in that place.
Make sure you have all the last updates from windows because controllers drivers should be generic and pnp. By the way do not dismiss and good luck with everything. :D
Season`s Greetings...
Jaco ;)

Wayne VIFC007
Location: Hopedale, Dargle, KwaZulu-Natal Midlands, South Africa.

Post by Wayne VIFC007 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:58 am

Vernon VIFC006 wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:29 pm
Wayne.
I want you to quietly come with me and the nice man in the white coat. He can help you! :|
I went with him, Vernon..... turned out I could help HIM more than he could help ME!!!

Left him hanging about, upside down, in a fancy white jacket that had no opening on the arms, just ties, so I tied them to see what would happen, and he went a bit insane, saying, "LET ME OUTTA HERE".....

So I thought it best just to tie his feet together too, in case he decided to let HIMSELF out of there, and go somewhere that could hurt him, and then winched him to the ceiling with a hook I put around the ties I put around his ankles.

I'm sure he'll keep very safe like that now.....

Oh, I forgot where I put him...... it happened more than two seconds ago!!! Funny how nice men in white coats always choose strange, isolated places to take normal sane people like me to talk nicely to them....... :roll: :roll: :roll:
"Nothing easy is ever difficult"

Wayne VIFC007
Location: Hopedale, Dargle, KwaZulu-Natal Midlands, South Africa.

Post by Wayne VIFC007 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:01 am

Jaco VIFC001 wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:11 pm
Hey Wayne. If you do not find the folder CONTROLS and Standards.XML file then look into app data\roaming\microsoft\fsx it may be in that place.
Make sure you have all the last updates from windows because controllers drivers should be generic and pnp. By the way do not dismiss and good luck with everything. :D
Season`s Greetings...
Jaco ;)
Hi Jaco,

After some more runs of "Verify Files" in Steam, everything came right. I also had to run the FSX Reg Utility to make sure that was working, because ORBX Central 3 kept coming up with an error, and Nick Cooper (ORBX Admin) gave me the solution to that.

Updates on all ORBX Products are now underway..... those'll take about another week??? to finish, at an average of 512 kbps.... the downside of living where slow internet speeds are capped....

Many thanks for all your helpful comments, and here's wishing you (and everyone else in VIFC) and your wives/partners, the very best Season's Greetings.
"Nothing easy is ever difficult"